Books, Obama, Daddy-Daughter time, Lincoln… there’s nothing here I don’t like.
Brad Norington, ‘Romney Dons Mantle of Last Man Standing’ in The Weekend Australian, February 4-5 2012, p. 12.
I love watching Republicans squirm.
The GOP’s definition of a failed presidency:
- Killed Osama Bin Laden
- Saved the American auto industry
- Had 16-straight months of economic growth
- Ended the Iraq war & started brining troops home from Afghanistan
- Repealed Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell
- Passed Affordable Healthcare Act
- Passed Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act for women
- Began regulating Wall St.
- Appointed 2 women, one of which is Latino, to the Supreme Court
- Passed Student loan reform
- Helped overthrow Gadaffi without a single US soldier dying
- Cut taxes for 95% of working families
But yeah, what a failure. Too bad we can’t bring back Bush… *sarcasm*
They’re only setting up an impossible standard for success for them…
The disturbing part is that liberals/progressives fall into this whole what-have-you-done-for-me-lately thing too. Like, yes, I realise he’s not the ideal, but the country isn’t even going to get back to normal in four years, and we all know it never was going to.
But… but… he still hasn’t closed a facility that has miles and miles of red tape and failed policies preventing its closing. Clearly he is a failure for not doing whatever he wants without caring about the consequences.
I’m trying to make an effort to reblog less American politics because, hey, I’m Australian and it seems wierd to be so involved in a foreign country’s affairs. Especially since there’s so little Australian politics on Tumblr. But I just had to post this. Love.
(Source: , via tpil85kglifter)
“The best judge of whether or not a country is going to develop is how it treats its women. If it’s educating its girls, if women have equal rights, that country is going to move forward. But if women are oppressed and abused and illiterate, then they’re going to fall behind.” ~Barack Obama