- Labor in this context is spelt Labor not ‘Labour’.
- If you actually think that cutting spending in education/healthcare and in general, during a global recession, is a good idea YOU SHOULD HAVE PAID A LITTLE MORE ATTENTION IN HISTORY CLASS WHEN THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT WHAT CAUSED THE GREAT DEPRESSION.
- YOUR COUNTRY HAS TO SPEND MONEY DURING A RECESSION OTHERWISE IT GOES INTO A DEPRESSION, STIMULUS FUCKING WORKS YOU UNEDUCATED SWINE.
- If you believe the Australian media’s completely inaccurate view that spending and investing, which will cause debt, is a bad thing in current economic circumstances YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND HOW ECONOMICS WORKS.
- IF YOU WANT TO BOOST YOUR COUNTRIES ECONOMY YOU MUST INVEST IN TWO PRIMARY THINGS: EDUCATION AND WOMEN. TONY ABBOTT ISN’T TOO FOND OF EITHER.
- IF YOU CHOSE TO VOTE LIBERAL BECAUSE YOU ‘CARE ABOUT THE ECONOMY’ DESPITE KNOWING THAT THE LIBERAL PARTY HAS POLICIES THAT ARE ACTIVELY AND OPENLY SEXIST, HOMOPHOBIC AND RACIST YOU ARE A BAD PERSON.
- If you treat human rights like a ‘lesser’ issue you are such a douche bag.
- THE LIBERAL PARTY WANTS TO INVEST IN ROAD INFRASTRUCTURE RATHER THAN PUBLIC TRANSPORT DESPITE THE FACT THAT EVERY INDEPENDENT TRANSPORT CONSULTATION BODY SAYS THAT’S A REALLY FUCKING DUMB IDEA.
- The Liberal budget also cuts University funding because apparently the future of young Australians isn’t really that big of a deal or anything.
- SEEKING ASYLUM IS NOT ILLEGAL IT IS A HUMAN RIGHT THESE PEOPLE ARE LEAVING COUNTRIES WHERE THEY ARE BEING RAPED, MUTILATED, SHOT AT AND DON’T HAVE ACCESS TO CLEAN WATER, DECENT FOOD, CLOTHES OR EDUCATION AND YOU VOTED FOR A PARTY THAT WANTS TO LOCK THEM AWAY, WHAT THE FUCK YOU COLD HEARTED PRICKS.
- If you aren’t queer you probably don’t know how scary it is to now live in a country governed by a party that contains members who have equated your sexuality with bestiality and pedophilia and who consider your existence entirely unnatural.
- PEOPLE ARE NOT JUST ANGRY THAT TONY ABBOTT IS PRIME MINISTER THEY ARE ANGRY THAT HIS RIGHT WING PARTY WITH UNEDUCATED AND DISCRIMINATORY POLICY HAS BEEN ELECTED. AND THEY ARE ALLOWED TO BE ANGRY.
- IF YOU VOTED LIBERAL YOU ARE AN IDIOT, AND NO, ALL POLITICAL OPINIONS ARE NOT EQUAL AND IF YOU ACTUALLY SUPPORTED A PARTY WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE LISTED QUALITIES YOU MADE A DUMB CHOICE AND YOU SHOULD HAVE ACTUALLY BOTHERED TO EDUCATE YOURSELF PROPERLY.
- FUCKING DICKHEADS.
Applause for the speech, but I just have to say how AMAZING she looks in this video… and her eyes are so expressive! Just beautiful.
Loris Azzaro, 1980s
Kerry Taylor Auctions
san francisco summer
The new Star Wars movie looks fantastic.
Brian McKinnon’s art will be displayed throughout Marxism conference 2014.
Growing up as an Indigenous Australian, Brian McKinnon always felt on the fringes of society. Finding pathos and beauty in the makeshift bricolage of life on the outskirts of white Australia, the work of Brian McKinnon presents an uncompromising and powerful message of Indigenous determination and strength. In July 2006, Brian McKinnon made headlines when his work Sorry (King Little Johnny) was removed from an exhibition of Indigenous art being held to celebrate NAIDOC week at Parliament House in Melbourne. According to the speaker of the house, Judy Maddigan, the work was deemed ‘too political’ for parliament. It was a cruel irony that this work was censored from the centre of Victorian democracy, as according to McKinnon, the works was about “the removal of the Aboriginal voice through assimilation and the demise of self-determination.”
Butterfly cabaret dancer flitters at the Folies Bergere, 1910."
To be white, or straight, or male, or middle class is to be simultaneously ubiquitious and invisible. You’re everywhere you look, you’re the standard against which everyone else is measured. You’re like water, like air. People will tell you they went to see a “woman doctor” or they will say they went to see “the doctor.” People will tell you they have a “gay colleague” or they’ll tell you about a colleague. A white person will be happy to tell you about a “Black friend,” but when that same person simply mentions a “friend,” everyone will assume the person is white. Any college course that doesn’t have the word “woman” or “gay” or “minority” in its title is a course about men, heterosexuals, and white people. But we call those courses “literature,” “history” or “political science.”
This invisibility is political."
Michael S. Kimmel, in the introduction to the book, “Privilege: A Reader” (via thinkspeakstress)